Business Valuation Requires Broad Knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Taxation
Credentialed and experienced in all aspects of valuation, our team puts that knowledge to work with a skillful application of recognized valuation methodologies and diligent adherence to professional standards. How can we help you through this complex process?
Whatever your need, MarksNelson helps you understand the value of your business for:
- Estate and gift tax purposes (complying with adequate disclosure regulations)
- Income tax purposes (compensation, charitable contributions, asset acquisition allocations)
- Marital dissolution (litigated and collaborative)
- Shareholder, operating and partnership agreements
- Dissenting shareholder, minority, and oppression suits
- Purchase/sale of business and purchase/sale / redemption of ownership interests
- Stock options / warrants
- Valuation review reports (critiques)
- Audit procedures related to valuation reports in benefit plan audits
Valuation and Reporting That You Need:
- Comprehensive Report – USPAP compliant opinion of value based on complete analysis with detailed reporting.
- Summary Report – USPAP compliant opinion of value based on complete analysis with limited reporting.
- Calculation of Value – Estimate of value based on specific valuation procedures agreed-upon by the client.
- Oral Report – Estimate of value based on specific valuation procedures agreed-upon by the client.
- Market Multiple Analysis – Determination of median multiples of revenue and/or sellers’ discretionary earnings for a hypothetical business and an explanation of how to apply these multiples in a typical sale of a hypothetical business.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plans – Estimate the present value and the marital portion of monthly pension plan benefits.
Whatever the reason for a business valuation, MarksNelson’s accredited professionals are experienced in applying accepted and relevant valuation methodologies. Since 1968, we have provided competent and professional business valuation services to individuals, family-owned businesses, and large companies.
Our team holds accreditation from several organizations including:
American Society of Appraisers
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Institute of Business Appraiser
- Certified Business Appraiser
National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics