Real Estate Developer Tax Incentives
MarksNelson has a history of partnering with developers for the entire lifecycle of a project. Our professionals guide you from the initial assessment of financial feasibility to disposition of the project with the goal of enhancing the amount of tax credits earned. We have significant experience in development, re-development, historic and low-income housing.
We provide the following Real Estate Tax services to Developers:
- Consulting services – Record keeping set-up for project accounting; guidance on what qualifies as eligible costs and how to enhance credits in specific areas such as electrical wiring and mechanical systems; responding to state agencies regarding costs submitted for tax credits.
- Financial models – Developing a financial model for internal use, bank financing or equity investors.
- Cost certification – An audit of the project costs is required by most state agencies and by all tax credit investors.
- Tax return preparation – Specialized services for the reporting of federal and state tax credits often required by federal investors for the five-year tax credit period.
- Financial statement audits – Preparation of an annual financial statement audit during the five-year tax credit period if required by federal tax credit investors.