MarksNelson is seeking a professional, full time, incredibly detail-oriented individual to handle real estate valuation and property tax appeal services within our State and Local Tax area of the Specialty Services Department.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
- Review and analyze county values to evaluate equitable assessment
- Prepare valuation analysis using the cost, income and sales approaches to value
- Prepare appeal and protest forms in accordance with jurisdiction deadlines
- Communicate with county assessors to facilitate settlement at informal levels
- As required, coordinate with third party appraisers and attorneys for high-level appeal cases
- Prepare cost/benefit analysis and communicate with clients on appeal status and decision points
- Develop persuasive arguments to support negotiation with assessors and tax boards
- Calculate tax savings achieved and prepare invoice supporting documentation
- Maintain Microsoft Access database with key information for all client locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Real Estate
- 1-2 years of real estate valuation and/or appraisal experience required
- Ability to prioritize high volume of workload and meet deadlines
- Project management skills, including third party vendor relationships
- Communication skills – clear, concise writing and verbal skills, including negotiation
- Organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; flexibility; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excel at working autonomously and juggling multiple priorities
- Integrity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong customer service orientation and professional appearance
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the firm and a variety of personalities in a professional manner
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Self-starter and able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our company, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate your needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes that the smallest point can be just as important as your biggest line item. Our goal is to deliver a quality product, prepared with great attention to detail and accuracy.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about everything we do. The truth is…every firm says they will put you first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping on track and informed. We want to collaborate with you to provide you with the solutions that you need.
If curiosity, excellence, commitment, and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward make sure to apply now by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer