MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, incredibly detail-oriented individual to provide Senior Accountant level expertise to the Entrepreneurial Services Department. This position will reside in the greater Kansas City or Phoenix area.
MarksNelson’s Entrepreneurial Services practice is building the first ever nationally branded accounting, tax and consulting offering for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We’re looking to add dynamic people to our already amazing team. If you’re excited by being part of an innovative, fast-growing practice that leverages state-of-the-art technology to deliver accounting services in a truly unique and client-centric way, then our Entrepreneurial Services practice is where you need to be.
- Implementation and start-up of new clients, including training new clients to successfully use our services and our technology
- Develop/update policies and procedures as they relate to client service
- Month-end closing of financial reports and preparation of analytics
- Transaction processing of client accounts payable, accounting receivable, and other accounting tasks as needed, especially during the first 3-6 months of employment (for training purposes), and to step in to support bookkeeping staff when needed
- Process of client payroll, and management of related liabilities for retirement plans and other obligations
- Preparation of client sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, and other filings as requested
- Ongoing phone consultations with client base
- Project and ongoing work management including consistent and accurate updates to our client management system
- Support and train our bookkeeping staff in performance of their daily responsibilities
- Special client projects
- Preparation of reports for client tax returns, audits, and other needs as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Work with other department staff to provide seamless service to clients
- Complete software and training programs as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and progress toward the completion of Certified Public Accountant (must be current) or MBA
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages
- Proficient at self-review of completed work, including assembly of supporting documentation for all work, as part of completing weekly and monthly close procedures
- Demonstrated prior direct, ongoing contact with clients
- Knowledge in accounting in the under $30M market
- 3-5 years public accounting experience, working with business clients in the under $30M market
- Ability to multitask and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge and operation of standard office equipment.
- Able to present completed work product, including both cash and accrual-based financial statement packages, with supporting documents, with minimal review required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Manage and be etc.)
- Become proficient at payroll, sales, use and personal property tax compliance
- Train new hires and other staff and clients on use of software applications
- Comfort level using webcam and virtual meeting software as means of communication, both internally and with clients
- Meet minimum work-from-home requirements (if over 30 miles from a MarksNelson office location, or with approval) with regard to workspace and technology
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer