MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, incredibly detail-oriented individual to provide support covering Accounts Payable and various accounting needs within the Internal Accounting area.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
Accounting Assistant Objectives:
- Receive, code and enter invoices into bill pay system
- File Quarterly Use Tax Return
- Manage expense software
- Reconcile monthly expense ledgers between systems
- Review and approve employee expense reports
- Prepare and distribute employee time summary statements
- Process monthly client statements
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules
- Draft collection letters and pull supporting documents for client collections
- Daily time posting
- Establish and maintain all client and employee records in Time and Billing system
- Responsible for employee postage log
- Assist with various projects when needed which may include data entry, journal entries, filing, etc.
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensure compliance with Firm policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- Minimum of a high school diploma/GED
- A minimum of 2 years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections is preferred
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge of Bill.com, Intacct and Practice Management
- Excel at working autonomously and juggling multiple priorities
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the firm and a variety of personalities in a professional manner
- Organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; flexibility; strong analytical skills
- This role will provide customer service to internal and external business partners so strong customer service orientation and professional appearance is a necessity
- A willingness to work with and learn from your peers and supervisors
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively with a high volume of workload and meet deadlines
- Communication skills – clear, concise writing and verbal skills
- Integrity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge and operation of standard office equipment.
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer