G. Matt Barberich, Jr., provides business valuation, forensic accounting, and litigation support services for attorneys and clients. Business valuations and forensic accounting are necessary in many situations, whether the catalyst is a criminal or civil case, bankruptcy, marital dissolution, buy-sell agreement, shareholder dispute, tax compliance, estate planning, and/or merger and acquisition.
Matt is credentialed and experienced in business valuation and forensic accounting. He provides litigation support to attorneys in cases involving business valuations, accounting irregularities, lost profits and/or other damage calculations. Additionally, Matt has experience in financial accounting, tax compliance, and tax planning.
Matt has been with MarksNelson since 2004. Previously, he was a staff accountant at Taylor, Perky & Parker, LLC.
- KSCPA Gold Key Winner: Third highest score on the November 2002 Uniform CPA Examination in the State of Kansas.
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Preventing Fraud in Your Business, April 2, 2014
- KC Power Lunch Radio Show, November 26, 2013
- National Business Institute, Inc., Financial Reporting for Business and Corporate Attorneys: Audits and Identifying Fraud, January 23, 2012
- National Business Institute, Inc., Successful Financial Settlements for Your Divorce Client: Forensic Accounting and Valuation in Divorce, January 26, 2011
- National Business Institute, Inc., Accounting 101 for Attorneys: Financial Statement Analysis, June 10, 2010, September 28, 2010; and June 23, 2011
- National Business Institute, Inc., Accounting 101 for Attorneys: Identifying Red Flags of Fraud, June 10, 2010, September 28, 2010; and June 23, 2011
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Red Flags That May Indicate Fraudulent Activities in Your Business, August 2011
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Business Valuations – Not a “One-Size-Fits-All” Proposition, November 2010
- Certified Public Accountant – Kansas & Missouri
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Accredited Senior Appraiser of the American Society of Appraisers (Business Valuation)
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society of Appraisers
- The ESOP Association
- Pittsburg State University, MBA with a concentration in Accounting; BBA in Accounting (summa cum laude)
Matt Barberich's Recent Articles
- By MarksNelson on September 25, 2017
Most people aren’t thinking about filing next year’s tax…
- By MarksNelson on September 19, 2017
After the massive data breach at Equifax, tax planning…