CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA, CIA, CFE, AM, MBA
Receive the latest news and trends from Matt straight to your inbox. Register Today!
G. Matt Barberich, Jr., provides business valuation, forensic accounting, and litigation support services for attorneys and clients. Business valuations and forensic accounting are necessary in many situations, whether the catalyst is a criminal or civil case, bankruptcy, marital dissolution, buy-sell agreement, shareholder dispute, tax compliance, estate planning, and/or merger and acquisition.
Matt is credentialed and experienced in business valuation and forensic accounting. He provides litigation support to attorneys in cases involving business valuations, accounting irregularities, lost profits and/or other damage calculations. Additionally, Matt has experience in financial accounting, tax compliance and tax planning.
Matt has been with MarksNelson since 2004. Previously, he was a staff accountant at Taylor, Perky & Parker, LLC.
- KSCPA Gold Key Winner: Third highest score on the November 2002 Uniform CPA Examination in the State of Kansas.
- Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Preventing Fraud in Your Business, April 2, 2014
- KC Power Lunch Radio Show, November 26, 2013
- National Business Institute, Inc., Financial Reporting for Business and Corporate Attorneys: Audits and Identifying Fraud, January 23, 2012
- National Business Institute, Inc., Successful Financial Settlements for Your Divorce Client: Forensic Accounting and Valuation in Divorce, January 26, 2011
- National Business Institute, Inc., Accounting 101 for Attorneys: Financial Statement Analysis, June 10, 2010, September 28, 2010; and June 23, 2011
- National Business Institute, Inc., Accounting 101 for Attorneys: Identifying Red Flags of Fraud, June 10, 2010, September 28, 2010; and June 23, 2011
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Red Flags That May Indicate Fraudulent Activities in Your Business, August 2011
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Business Valuations – Not a “One-Size-Fits-All” Proposition, November 2010
- Certified Public Accountant – Kansas & Missouri
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Accredited Member of the American Society of Appraisers (Business Valuation)
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- American Society of Appraisers
- The ESOP Association
- Pittsburg State University, MBA with a concentration in Accounting; BBA in Accounting (summa cum laude)
Matt Barberich's Recent Articles
- By MarksNelson on June 7, 2017
When employees resort to fraud, the cost to a…
- By MarksNelson on March 6, 2017
Determining the fair market value of a sponsoring company’s…