Receive the latest news and trends from David straight to your inbox. Register Today!
David Belpedio leads MarksNelson’s State and local tax group. He specializes in providing State and local tax consulting and compliance services to mid-market companies throughout the United States. David’s group’s goal is to ensure that his clients are paying only their fair share of State and local taxes.
David has been with MarksNelson since 2004.He has been a partner with MarksNelson since 2005 and leads the State and Local Tax Group. Before MarksNelson, he worked in the State and local tax Department at KPMG and Arthur Anderson.
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Investment Property – Office, Warehouse
- Real and business personal property tax assessment review/appeal techniques, including functional and economic obsolescence studies
- Real and business personal property compliance services
- Sales and use tax planning, compliance, audit defense, reverse audits
- Incentive services – site selection, tax abatement, tax credits, loans, grants, training dollars, industrial revenue bond consulting, tax increment
- financing consulting
- Selection/incentive negotiation services
- Gillis Home – Board Member, Finance Committee Member, Chairman of the Board
- Plaza Academy – Executive Board Member
- Arts Council of Overland Park – Board Member
- City of Overland Park, Kansas – Former City Councilman
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Kansas Business Job & Development Tax Credits, December 2010
- Adding it up – The MarksNelson Newsletter, Tax Tidbit: Change in Law Regarding Taxability of Canned Software in Missouri, December 2010
- KC Small Business, Assess the Accuracy of Your Tax Assessment, February 2010
- Candidate – CMI through Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Candidate – ASA – Business Valuation through American Society of Appraisers
- Candidate – ASA – Machinery & Equipment Valuation through American Society of Appraisers
- American Society of Appraisers
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- International Economic Development Council
- Toastmasters International
- Rockhurst University, BSBA in Finance/Economics
David Belpedio's Recent Articles
- By MarksNelson on August 12, 2016
Do tax incentives make Kansas City more competitive? How…
- By MarksNelson on May 12, 2016
Kansas City plays an important role in the U.S….