Partner, Tax Department Chair
Receive the latest news and trends from Barb straight to your inbox. Register Today!
Barb Plattner is the leader of MarksNelson’s tax practice. Not only is Barb responsible for the direction of the tax group, she also works with corporations and individuals to minimize their tax liability as much as possible.
Her experience as a CFO for a large closely-held organization gives her the perspective and understanding to present practical solutions that work. She works side-by-side with her clients to help them balance short-term gains in order to impact long-term success.
Plattner brings over 25 years of tax planning and compliance to clients. Prior to joining MarksNelson, she served as a Director in the Tax Department at MHM/CBIZ Accounting, Tax & Advisory and as a SVP/CFO for large closely-held organization.
- Closely held Corporations, Exempt Organizations, Individuals
- Altrusa International Foundation of Greater Kansas City, Inc.
- Certified Public Accountant – Kansas & Missouri
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, BS in Accounting
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, MS in Accounting