MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, incredibly detail-oriented individual to join our Tax Department as a Supervisor.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
- Provide tax planning/projections for business clients and their owners
- Prepare complex returns with little supervision
- Review small to medium sized tax returns for closely held businesses and their owners
- Assist with identifying and researching tax issues
- Provide effective and timely feedback and mentoring to tax staff
- Energetic team member who strives to provide the highest quality of service
- Stay current with technical tax law changes
- Service consulting engagements with large private and public companies on an as needed project basis
- Work with other department staff to provide seamless service to clients
- Complete software and training programs as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Licensed CPA
- At least five years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax
- Industry experience in automotive dealerships, real estate, construction or manufacturing is considered a plus
- Experience with planning, compliance, research and defense
- Excellent problem-solving and client relations skills
- Solid communication and writing skills, including the ability to communicate solutions to tax issues to business owners
- Assist with supervising and training staff
- A willingness to work with and learn from your peers and supervisors
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively with a high volume of workload and meet deadlines
- Communication skills – clear, concise writing and verbal skills
- Organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; flexibility; strong analytical skills
- Excel at working autonomously and juggling multiple priorities
- Integrity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong customer service orientation and professional appearance
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the firm and a variety of personalities in a professional manner
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer