MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA firm located in Kansas City, MO, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
- Oversee and coordinate tax planning/projections for business clients and their owners
- Review all types of tax returns for closely held businesses and their owners
- Review or complete tax research projects
- Gather and prepare information for federal or state tax auditors
- Provide proactive advisory and consulting services
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training and performance feedback to staff
- Energetic team member who strives to provide the highest quality of service
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service and work processes
- Proactively communicate relevant emerging tax issues and industry information to clients
- Service consulting engagements with large private and public companies on an as needed project basis
- Create new business opportunities by expanding existing client relationships, developing personal networks, and participating in industry and trade associations
- Licensed CPA
- At least eight years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax
- Industry experience in automotive dealerships, real estate, construction or manufacturing is considered a plus
- Experience with planning, compliance, research and defense
- Excellent problem-solving and client relations skills
- Solid communication and writing skills, including the ability to communicate solutions to tax issues to business owners
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- A strong work ethic with good communication and business writing skills
- Ability to multi task and excellent organizational skills
- A willingness to work with and learn from your peers and supervisors
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our company, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If curiosity, excellence, commitment, and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please send your resume one of the following ways:
Attention: De Ann Demo
1310 East 104th Street, Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64131
Fax: 816.743.7701, Attention: De Ann Demo
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.