MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, dependable individual to provide administrative support to the Specialty Services Department (approximately 15 people – including 5 partners). Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
Specialty Services Department Administrator Job Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the department. Support partners, managers and staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Ensure all administrative assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheets and database software to produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, reports, forms and other documents (preparing and tracking client engagement letters, proofreading and editing correspondence, performing mail merges, ensuring formatting is by firm standards, binding, providing partners and managers with billing reports and ensuring invoice deadlines are met).
- Travel arrangements (booking flights, rental cars, hotels; providing a detailed itinerary with directions to each destination; confirming client/prospect meetings and hearings along with location and times; organizing receipts, processing and invoicing expenses to the client).
- Maintain partner calendars (proactively assisting in meeting preparation both internally and externally, assisting in keeping on schedule).
- Prepare invoices, reconcile and submit expense reports.
- Prepare and send faxes, mail, and courier parcels.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Process Business Personal Property returns.
- Reconcile month-end firm credit card statements for each partner.
- Run errands (picking up lunch for department or client meetings).
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to support the department.
- Attend quarterly administrative department meetings (discuss upcoming projects, creating procedures, examining procedural issues).
- Work with other department staff to provide seamless service to clients.
- Associate of Arts degree in secretarial science or related field from an accredited college or business school and two years of administrative/secretarial experience; or graduation from high school or GED and four years of clerical/secretarial experience.
- Past experience supporting multiple executives is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Mastery of spelling and grammar.
- Integrity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs.
- Eager to learn.
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively with a high volume of workload and meet deadlines.
- Communication skills – clear, concise writing and verbal skills.
- Organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; flexibility; strong analytical skills.
- Excel at working autonomously and juggling multiple priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation and professional appearance.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the firm and a variety of personalities in a professional manner.
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer