MarksNelson is looking for a full-time Senior Associate to join our Forensic and Valuation Services team within the Specialty Services area to take on an active role in the valuation and litigation support processes.
The Forensic and Valuation Services group provides business valuation and litigation support services for small to mid-size privately held companies. Valuation service offerings include business, equity and asset valuations for a variety of purposes including gift and estate tax reporting, charitable contribution, marital dissolution and other financial and legal matters. Litigation support services include forensic accounting and assessment of economic damages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform data and document intensive financial input, modeling and analysis;
- Research and analyze business, industry, transactional and economic information;
- Organize project related electronic and paper documents;
- Perform forensic accounting research and analysis;
- Interact with clients on project schedules and document/information requests; and
- Draft engagement letters and valuation reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- 2-4 years of progressive experience in business valuation and/or public accounting with working knowledge of business financial statements and tax returns
- Training toward a business valuation designation preferred but not required
- Highly analytical with experience in financial and statistical modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to direct staff, instructing them in work to be performed, reviewing their completed work and directing any necessary revisions or actions
- Proficient with Microsoft Word to write and edit reports
- Desire to participate in business development efforts
- Minimal travel required
Candidates with more experience may be considered for a more senior role.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze information, solve problems and form conclusions
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members, clients, peers and other contacts
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and projects effectively and work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to summarize and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive (anticipate needs)
- Eager to learn
- Customer service orientation
- Team player
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please send your resume one of the following ways:
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer