MarksNelson is seeking a professional, full time, dependable individual to handle a variety of facility and administrative duties. The Facilities Assistant will maintain common areas, assist with meetings and facilities coordination, and provide general support to the Firm. The Facilities Assistant will independently and collaboratively provide a full range of facilities and meeting support ensuring excellent customer service.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
- Hours typically Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. but may vary at times
- Flexible to work overtime, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Saturday (January – April 15th)
- Provides pre-planning, implementation and closure services for meetings and conferences, including identification of meeting space, furniture set-up and break-down, equipment, meal and beverage service
- Keep conference rooms, break rooms, and kitchen areas organized and clean
- Verifies, orders, stocks and organizes inventory in storage rooms
- Assist with desk setup for new hire preparation
- Loads and unloads dish washers, makes coffee
- Monitors and restocks beverages in conference rooms and kitchen areas
- Manages recycling efforts
- Light handyperson tasks (e.g. assemble white boards, hang pictures)
- Advises landlord of any major issues for janitorial/maintenance
- Coordinates fire drills
- Liaison with offsite storage company
- Runs errands as required
- Distribution of heavy boxes or packages
- Maintain knowledge of and support MarksNelson’s vision, mission and core values
- Assist all department administrative assistants with various projects as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1 year of facilities/office and administrative experience required.
- Requires reliable transportation and has a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and copy machines.
- Excellent people orientation, interpersonal sensitivity and inclusive style. Approachable and confident in dealing with people.
- Good communicator, comfortable and credible with people at all levels.
- Able to work by self and achieve deadlines.
- Possesses basic DIY skills.
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time as well as stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach as needed.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Professional behavior
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with deadlines
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer