MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, incredibly detail-oriented individual to provide support to the Entrepreneurial Services Department.
MarksNelson, a progressive, full-service CPA and consulting firm located in Kansas City, Missouri, provides a broad range of services for businesses in a variety of industries. We don’t just work for our clients, we work with our clients, helping them safeguard and grow their business. MarksNelson is not just dedicated to helping our clients Move Forward — we are committed to helping our professionals expand their knowledge base and grow as respected team members.
- Become proficient at preparing financial statements.
- Become proficient at work paper preparation including account reconciliations, fixed asset records and depreciation schedules.
- Become proficient at payroll, sales, use and personal property tax compliance engagements.
- Communicate with clients to assist with various accounting issues.
- Work closely with team members in the Tax and Audit Departments to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our service commitments to our clients and staff.
- Complete software and training programs as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Demonstrated progress towards completion of CPA exam or active CPA license.
- 2+ years of experience in private/public accounting.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online is preferred.
- A willingness to work with and learn from peers and supervisors.
- Strong self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively with a high volume of workload and deadlines.
- Oral communication is clear and concise. Written communication is error-free, logical and concise.
- Organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy; flexible; strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage unexpected and sometimes urgent firm or client matters as they arise.
- Integrity and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service orientation and professional appearance.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels in the firm and a variety of personalities in a professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive, “can do” approach.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook; knowledge and operation of standard office equipment.
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer