MarksNelson is seeking a full-time, professional, detail-oriented individual to act as the lead technology professional on the Entrepreneurial Services team, leading all technology initiatives from implementation and onboarding for new clients and special projects for existing clients. This position can reside in the greater Kansas City or Phoenix area.
MarksNelson’s Entrepreneurial Services practice is building the first ever nationally branded accounting, tax and consulting offering for small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We already have a dynamic team filled with amazing individuals, and we’re looking to continue adding to our team. If you’re excited by being part of an innovative, fast-growing practice that leverages state-of-the-art technology to deliver accounting services in a truly unique and client-centric way, then our Entrepreneurial Services practice is where you need to be.
- Creates each new project and project tasks in the firm’s client management system
- Set up new client technology accounts
- Set project goals and target dates; creates and implements action plans; and evaluates the process and results
- Completed technology conversation from other accounting software solutions to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or QuickBooks Online
- Sets up 3rd party technology accounts for new clients
- Sets up client payroll, merchant service, and other connected services for clients
- Completes QuickBooks data file catch-up and clean-up projects
- During the sales process, reviews client QuickBooks files using the internal file review procedures, noting issues that might impact engagement pricing, either for initial projects or ongoing services
- Makes changes/additions to client technology solutions as needed, to accommodate job-costing or other reporting enhancements
- Works with our technology solutions partners to support the timely and accurate completion of client and firm projects
- Researches technology solutions and appropriateness for use in the firm and with clients, when requested
- Delegate appropriate tasks to Client Service Representative, and track progress through to completion
- Assist with or lead the completion of client support requests, supporting the client support team, as needed
- Ensures all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Management of resource availability (both internal and 3rd party vendors) and allocation for each project
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures the Client Implementation Guides are updated and maintained
- Delivers exceptional client interaction experiences via all means of communication, such as telephone, webcam, email and instant messaging
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and progress toward completion of the CPA exam (strongly preferred) or MBA
- Current QuickBooks Desktop and Online Advanced Certification, or commitment to becoming certified within required timelines
- Certification in other 3rd party software solutions and services used in the firm and/or with our clients, within required timelines
- “Expert level” proficiency in software solutions used by the firm and/or with our clients, in cases where certification may not be offered, within required timelines
- Superior time management skills. Effectively prioritize while working with employees, clients and management, often at once.
- Understanding of financial reports and supporting transactions, in order to verify the accuracy of client catch-up and clean-up project work.
- Ability to review project work scopes, quantities, costs, and accuracy of specifications for completeness
- Keen ability to effectively oversee multiple clients and/or companies simultaneously
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Work effectively in a team environment with the strong ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong work ethic – “whatever it takes” attitude
- Must be organized and work well under pressure. Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Comfort level using webcam and virtual meeting software as means of communication, both internally and with clients
- Customer service orientation
MarksNelson is committed to growing a successful, respected organization known for serving as our clients’ trusted advisors by providing a level of service and expertise that is on par with international, national, and regional firms. MarksNelson is dedicated to helping our clients, our firm, our professionals, and the community around us to Move Forward.
Our professionals Get On Their Mark every day in an environment that encourages us to live our values:
Commitment: There is no substitute for personal attention. It enables us to truly connect, so we can understand perspectives, anticipate needs, and provide the best solutions.
Curiosity: At MarksNelson, we think curiosity is a virtue. We work to understand not only what our clients do, but why they do it.
Excellence: The team at MarksNelson believes in delivering a quality product with attention to detail and accuracy and to providing a broad strategic view. Excellence comes from knowledge and proven experience.
Vigilance: We are vigilant about the details. Every firm says it puts its clients first. MarksNelson does more, by keeping our clients on track and informed. We want to collaborate to provide needed solutions.
If commitment, curiosity, excellence and vigilance strike you as more than words, then perhaps, we should Move Forward…together.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an ideal work/life balance. If you are a dedicated team player that can continue our commitment to client service and are looking to move your career forward, please email your resume to email@example.com.
MarksNelson is an Equal Opportunity Employer